What are we looking for in our Copy Editor?
Contract: 1 year
Pay Range: $45-$53/hour
Location: Remote, PST hours
A Global Tech Company is looking for a contract Copy Editor to support the Retail Copyediting team. Our ideal candidate would apply technical savvy, a keen eye, and exceptional attention to detail to help produce world-class communications for Company Retail Engagement and Marketing initiatives. You are dynamic and results-driven, and enjoy a high-change environment that’s evolving to meet the needs of our customers and employees. And you’re able to adjust to working independently from home or in an office setting, when necessary.
As a key contributor to our creative team, you’d edit and proofread digital and print communications, including engagement and marketing content such as internal stories, social media, presentations, references, and training materials. You’d work closely with writers and other team members to maintain the highest possible standards and ensure clarity and accuracy in Company's global Retail communications. You’d also review projects at all stages of the design and production process.
- 5+ years of experience editing communications, preferably as part of a creative team or organization
- Strong writing skills
- Solid proficiency in U.S.-style English, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Extensive proofreading and fact-checking experience
- Familiarity with standard style and usage guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and thrive under pressure
- Experience using iWork suite and/or Microsoft 365 is helpful.
BA/BS preferred, or equivalent education and work experience
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a copyediting test