What are we looking for in our Field Service Engineer?
- Complete an installation in a minimum amount of time to the customer’s satisfaction within the performance standards set for that machine at the time of sale, unless otherwise arranged.
- Accurately and systematically troubleshoot and determine the cause of the problem and present or implement workable solutions to the customer’s satisfaction in as minimal amount of time possible without assistance. After all practical solutions have been exhausted the Engineer/Technician must call back to various contacts for assistance to resolve the problem.
- Ensure the customer is adequately trained. Answer all questions, confirm the customer’s ability to operate and maintain the equipment without assistance and fully understands and can follow the service manual. This is certified by the customer’s signature on the service report.
- Answer questions correctly and present workable solutions through one’s own personal knowledge and research.
- Fill out reports completely after every service visit and have the customer sign a copy of the service report.
- Stay within the guidelines for service travel and obtain the best value for the operating expense using the company’s travel service.
- Have a professional appearance, actions, communications, interpersonal relations, cooperation with co-workers and customers, and a positive attitude.
- Identify on designated reports potential sales. Disperse reports with contact names to individuals involved. Constantly be in search of and promoting sales.
- When in-house, the Service Engineer/Technician must assume the role of a Machine Builder or Electronic Technician whenever assigned to that position. The direct leader will be notified when an assignment is near completion and additional work is needed.
- Systematically identify and expedite parts requested by a customer as per company procedures.
- With minimal supervision will research, identify, and collaborate customer projects, communicating when appropriate.
- Two-year degree in a related field of study is required.
- In-the-field experience of packaging and labelling line environments and/or sleeve label converting operations is preferred. Knowledge of the market and an existing presence in the market is an advantage.
- An engineering background is not a requirement but considered advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical documents such as engineering documents, operation and maintenance instructions, bills of materials and procedure manuals.
- Effective written and oral forms of communication.
- The ability to speak professionally, clearly, and distinctly with individuals or groups of customers or team members of the organization.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of leaders, clients and customers.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Micro Soft Office Outlook and Excel.
- PLC programming knowledge with Siemens and AB software.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with the potential of phone calls and simultaneous inquiries.
- The ability to travel to customer locations worldwide. Travel can average up to 75% of the time.