Job Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension
Location : This role is remote, Raleigh-Durham, NC area and Charlotte preferred
Job Description :
supporting the retail channel as part of the newly formed Trade Marketing organization. As a Category Manager for retail channel, you will have a wide variety of responsibilities with the overall goal of turning insights into actionable recommendations that grow Kidde sales, share, and profitability within the retail segment. This requires a highly motivated, analytical, creative, and self-starting contributor with demonstrated experience in go-to-market strategies of various retail businesses including big box and other national retail accounts.
• This role is remote, Raleigh-Durham, NC area and Charlotte preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Sr. Trade Marketing Manager, US retail in corporate growth initiatives and partner with national accounts teams to drive account growth in respective retail sub-channels under responsibility
• Assist customers and Kidde business insights team with trends, market drivers and other industry insights as part of the customer POS performance updates
• Assist the account manager with cross functional planning and preparation of periodic line review strategy
• Drive category reviews via category performance analysis as well as competitive categories that exist in respective channels under responsibility
• Provide retail accounts strategic and tactical recommendations both online and in store on set, product, distribution, shelving, and merchandising to improve category performance
• Utilize reporting tools and customize detailed reports to provide the sales team with a foundation to proactively manage the business
• Proactively collaborate with cross-functional partners and share best practices within the Kidde organization to guide best-in-class strategies
• Proactively identify growth/risk opportunities within retail and communicate findings to sales team
• Align with customer on key category initiatives and partner on strategic solutions that leverage organizational capabilities to create maximum value
• Develop presentations consistent with key initiatives that support profitable business growth
• Forecast, monitor, and evaluate promotional activity to capture and maximize growth opportunities for Kidde and respective retail customers
• Identify and support new or existing opportunities via merchandising and trade programs for further growth; analyze and track progress of return on trade marketing spending
• Reporting on data synchronization, store and warehouse inventory, MABD analysis, sustainability scorecard and OTIF
Additional Job Details:
Education & Experience • Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a relevant field • 3-5 years of experience in channel marketing or category management • 3-5 years of experience in data collection and analytics Required Qualifications • Advanced Microsoft Office Excel with emphasis on Pivot tables and lookup functions • Moderate to Advanced proficiency utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint to organize and visualize the story line for presentations • Strong communication skills • Experience using data to make business decisions • Strong quantitative and analytical skills • Naturally inquisitive- highly driven and very self-sufficient • Experience in planning and executing trade marketing events / promotions • Understanding of demand and supply planning principles • Proficiency in JD Edwards, Showcase Queries, Microsoft Office including Access • Detail-oriented multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously • Moderate planogramming experience Preferred Experience • Proficiency in Retail Link • Experience in life safety products or building materials • Experience with dashboarding software such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau
Strictly Necessary Cookie must be enabled at all times for core functionality of the site and so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Other cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
Keeping these cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!