What are we looking for in our IT Production Support Assistant?
- The IT Production Support Assistant works under the direction of a team lead or section manager to support production applications running in mainframe and midrange computing environments.
- Responsibilities include supporting production jobs, including job creation, scheduling, execution, monitoring, and troubleshooting in mainframe and mid-range server environments.
- Supports mainframe COBOL applications using the County's source code storage and compilation tool to promote program packages and members as requested by application developers.
- Occasionally works in a paired programming environment for knowledge sharing and training purposes.
- Reviews and submits procedural documentation and participates in team presentations to help build team skills and expertise.
- Manages incident tickets using a tracking software application to update each incident or request with actions taken and resolutions.
- Coordinates and/or controls the operation of the mainframe console, assignment of devices, replying to operator messages, and managing input and output devices by executing jobs according to predefined schedules and enforcing computer operation standards.
- Executes multiple tasks during shifts in a 24/7/365 full coverage environment.
- Customer service: Knowledge and experience in providing customer service.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a dynamic environment.
- Interpersonal skills: Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members and customers.
- Leadership: Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Organizational awareness: Understanding of the organization's structure, processes, and procedures.
- Problem-solving: Strong problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues effectively.
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years working with IBM mainframe operations and production control environment, including ordering, holding, submitting, cancelling, and monitoring production jobs using scheduling software application like Control-M.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years working in a data center environment, interacting closely with customers and managing incident tickets using a tracking software application like Cherwell service management tool.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years working with mainframe software Endevor to move customer application programs and application source elements such as Job Control Language (JCL), Procedures (PROCS), and Control Statements to Endevor libraries.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
Rate/Salary: $25/hr - $35/hr
Associate – US Recruitment