What are we looking for in our Software Engineer?
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- The team is looking for a Software Engineer who has at least 10 years of software development experience, with a track record of having built high scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, cloud native microservices. The Engineer is expected to play a significant role in
- Understanding existing services, architecture, development/deployment patterns and functional requirements of the services. Learning and adopting towards fast moving, next generation technologies, tools and process.
- Possessing strong technical background with the ability to contribute to planning, design discussions and peer code/design reviews.
- Collaborating with other engineers, teams and product managers to ensure design and implementation meet internal standards.
- Being self-driven and proactive in applying logic and reason to effectively solve problems and manage risks.
- Passionately owning the work by taking ownership and delivering results.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues escalated by partners and internal systems, including developing, implementing, and deploying emergency hot fixes.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering, Solutions and Operations teams for issue resolution, and timely delivery of end-to-end product.
- Identifying opportunities to automate tasks and create or maintain operational tools
- Strong experience in Spring Framework and spring-based tools and libraries.
- Expert in building highly scalable services using Kafka.
- Experience in any deployment orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- Experience in deployment configuration management systems like Terraform and Atlantis.
- AWS expert!!! Strong work experience in AWS and the tools, applications, and technologies therein.
- Knowledge and exposure in Serverless app development.
- Experience in a remote work environment with multiple time zones is a plus.
- Experience in observability systems like Splunk.
- Strong programming skills in any one language like Java, Go and Python.
- At least 3 years of Experience in any one framework engine like Spring or Play.
- Experience in Restful web services and microservice architecture.
- Experience in any Cloud Infrastructure based development like Amazon Web Services.
- Relational and NoSQL database experience such as MySQL and DynamoDB.
- Experience in anyone of the messaging systems like Kafka.
- Experience in any one containerization technologies like Docker.
- Experience in any CICD pipelining systems/tools like git, Jenkins etc.