What are we looking for in our Associate Electrical Engineer?
Associate Electrical Engineer
San Francisco, CA, United States (Preferably local to Los Angeles)
Pay range: 120-150K
Hybrid: 1-2 days per week in Office (Wednesdays and Thursdays)
· As an Associate Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of building services systems across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Company and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
· We are looking for a talented and experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team on the west coast. This role could be based in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, or Seattle.
What would you be doing?
- As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Work closely with clients, architects and other Company Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team
- Produce coordinated detailed design drawings, electronic models, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, schedules etc. on a variety of projects within the electrical discipline, as well as the coordination with utility companies and obtaining the necessary electrical permit approvals from Plan Check
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality).
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
- Prepare Technical Specifications
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Mentor junior Electrical Engineers
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that company policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc
- Plan, organize and manage personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with client commitments
- Proactively raise concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain an overview of the project team’s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilization
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
What are we looking for?
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in California so they know building and design codes
- 8+ years’ experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry
- Experience working on projects in the following sectors is preferred: Higher Education, Museums, Commercial, Transportation Hubs and/or Stadiums
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) desirable
- LEED AP accredited preferred
- Experience using Revit
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis and lighting design software
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to 'c-suite' level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each