What are we looking for in our Software Mobile Engineer III?
What will YOU be doing for us?
Author and maintain mobile applications built with Xamarin, .NET MAUI, and .NET Core back ends - in the healthcare space.
What will YOU be working on everyday?
- Embrace LEAN software development principles.
- Build cross platform mobile applications for iOS and Android using Xamarin Forms and .NET MAUI
- Use App Center and Azure Devops to build and run pipelines for continuous delivery of value.
- Solve complex problems with elegant and easy to maintain solutions
- Build multi-tenant API backends to support mobile applications.
- Commanding knowledge of EFCore, maintaining migrations, and ability to design schemas based on best practices.
- Ability to document APIs with Swagger
- Assist level III, IV, and lead engineers to develop, modify and maintain mobile applications for various stakeholders such as Members, Providers, and Employer Groups.
- Work collaboratively with internal resources to assess and understand technical specifications and business requirements for new applications and features.
- Actively participate on an Agile scrum team, sizing work efforts and decomposing functionality and iteratively delivering value.
- Unit test development
- Triage production issues and affect solutions
- Perform software design and coding according to SKYGEN and accepted secure coding patterns applying best practices with respect to information security.
- Work collaboratively with internal team members on investigating and fixing defects
- Provide mentoring to other software engineers and colleagues.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the mobile app or client communications when the system capabilities must be understood.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
What YOU need to be a Good Candidate:
- Required Level of Education, Licenses, and/or Certificates
- Associates Degree or equivalent years of experience or equivalent certification. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field highly preferred.
- Required Level of Experience
- Typically 5 to 7 years of experience in software development
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities such as but not limited to:
- Knowledge of software design and development techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to others
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and communication styles
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to operate with limited direction from senior engineers
- Make sound engineering design choices creating a codebase that fosters ease of maintenance
- Commitment to SOLID engineering principles
- Knowledge and proficiency in various technical areas:
- Deep understanding of mobile platforms, such as life cycles and SDK
- Object Oriented Design
- Xamarin / .NET MAUI
- Building wrappers for native SDKs
- .NET Core
- API (RESTFul, qRPC, GraphQL, OData) development
- Secure coding patterns with respect to authentication, authorization and data access
- Visual Studio, Windows, and Mac
- SQL Server 2019+ or any Relational DB
- Experience with app releases via AppStore Connect and Google Play Console
What YOU need to be a GREAT Candidate:
- Active Github account with commits to opensource projects
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Swift and Java development or native application development
- Bootstrap / Tailwind